Tips for Safe and Effective Rain Gutter Cleaning
The safest way to clean your gutters is to hire a professional gutter cleaning company! Unfortunately, gutter cleaning can be expensive, but a fall causing injury or death, can be even more so.
The best gutter cleaning tip is – install a LeafGuard one-piece, covered gutter system. LeafGuard gutters never need cleaning because of their patented design.
Why It's Important to Keep Your Gutters Clean
One of the most obvious things to notice about your open gutters, or even gutters with screens, is that they require tedious and time consuming cleaning at least twice a year. Not only are clogged gutters an eyesore, they create unnecessary risk to your home, and cleaning them is dangerous for you as well.
- Debris in your open gutters is a fire hazard.
- Standing water in gutters is a breeding ground for bacteria, mold and insects, which can carry disease, like West Nile virus.
- Acorns and leaves attract pests and other critters.
- Debris and standing water cause excess weight and failure of mounting hardware.
- Failed spikes can cause the wood to strip and warp, and allow water to seep into the vital structural wood of your home.
- Water can also spill over to the ground and into your foundation causing cracks and basement flooding.
With all these reasons for cleaning open gutters, many homeowners neglect this important task because cleaning gutters is dangerous, and unpleasant! Every year thousands of people fall from ladders and roofs while cleaning their gutters.
We do not recommend you clean your gutters yourself, but if you must clean your own gutters use precaution.
Remember the Best Rain Gutter Cleaning Tip
Install a LeafGuard one-piece, covered gutter system. LeafGuard gutters never need cleaning because of their patented design. With LeafGuard gutters you can: Get It and Forget It!