Many homeowners do not realize that they have a choice when it comes to rain gutters. An ordinary open gutter may be seamless, but it is only a trough, open to the elements.
Ordinary open gutters naturally collect, leaves, acorns, twigs and debris, which can become clogged in sagging areas and near downspouts.
If you have open gutters, they can collect leaves twigs and other debris, which can:
- Create leaks around windows and doors
- Cause rot to develop around your eaves, soffit and fascia
- Damage your flower gardens and shrubbery
- Seep into the ground around your foundation, which eventually causes cracks and basement flooding
- Attract pests, critters, insects and mold.
- Put you in danger while climbing ladders to clean out your gutters.
The solution to this problem is the protection of a LeafGuard gutter, which sheds leaves and debris to the ground, while capturing rainwater and moving it safely away from your home. Only a LeafGuard brand gutter provides this protection in a one-piece gutter and cover preventing clogs from forming and allowing rainwater to flow smoothly to your downspouts.